ZaGorgeous Jennifer has been baking and sharing with me again, she is such a gem!!
Jennifer’s husband Glenn actually picked out this recipe from her 50c (fete find) ‘sweet food’ recipe book.
Jennifer said she was a little sceptical of the recipe at first but reports after baking these ‘tasty little morsels’ they were a fantastic success, husband Glenn thoroughly enjoyed one with a serve of ice cream and their 3 kidlets loved them too!!! Yum!!! My mouth is watering already!!!
So without further adieu here is the recipe!
2 cups brown sugar
1 teas vanilla
60g dark chocolate, melted
1/3 cup milk
2 3/4 cups plain flour
2 tbls cocoa
2 teas baking powder
1/4 teas allspice
2/3 cup chopped pecans
icing sugar to coat
1. Grease and line 2 baking trays. Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy.
2. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
3. Stir the chocolate and milk into the butter mixture.
4. Add sifted flour, cocoa, baking powder and allspice, and a pinch of salt into the butter mix. Stir and add pecans .
5. Refrigerate the mixture for AT LEAST 3 HOURS or overnight.
6. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls, then roll to coat in icing sugar.
7. Place well apart on trays. Bake for 20 mins. Leave for 3-4 mins then cool on a wire rack.